8 Surprisingly Good Netflix Shows

Do you ever find yourself going through the Netflix recommendation lists without finding anything good to watch?

Well it happens to me all the time. I may keep on scrolling for at least 30 minutes without finding anything decent, and I end up watching something that I don't actually want. During the countless times that this has happened to me, I've found some actually, pretty good TV series that I liked a lot,


To save you from wasting your time, like I did, I made you this list with 8 Netflix shows that were surprisingly good for me!!



1. Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments


The story line is very satisfying and the cast of this show is amazing. "The Shadowhunters" is even better than I expected it to be and I'm so glad that I chose to get into their world. After watching and the movie inspired by the same book, the series seems to be a masterpiece. I believe the show is underrated in comparison to other shows on Netflix, what do you think?

2. Anne with an "E"


I watched this show after giving a look at the short trailer, and I didn't have my hopes up for it. However, it ended up to be really good, with great costumes and story. I can honestly tell you that I can't wait for the next season to be released. I hope there will be one...

3. Stranger Things


I used to believe that "Stranger Things" was a super nerdy TV show. But after watching only a couple episodes it turned out I was a little bit wrong. This one wasn't that bad, and it somehow kept me focused on the screen for hours. I don't know if I would watch it again, but I saw the 1st season in a record time of less than 24 hours.

4. The Vampire Diaries 


A lot of shady comments are made about this show, and mainly that was the reason I had my doubts about it. I can say that I didn't like it from the first episode, but after a little while I got used to it. And as a result I couldn't stop watching. The 7 seasons though were rough, who can watch 7 seasons on the same story?

5. The 100


I wasn't so sure about the show "The 100", it seemed way too futuristic for my taste, but it somehow got my attention. I finished the first season, and I can say that it was okay. I went through the first episodes really fast, but after a while it turned to be a little bit repetitive. However, it was better than I expected it. It was more down to earth than the trailers made it to look like.

6. Supergirl


I loved Supergirl!! It was a great spinoff of the normal Superman story. Seeing a girl as the main superhero character was an amazing idea, and it was so much fun watching it as well!  The storyline becomes a little bit complicated in some episodes, but except from that the show is really good, and I definitely recommend it!!

7. 13 Reasons Why


I will talk mostly about the first season, because it's the only one that I actually managed to complete. It was great, depressing, but in a good way. I really liked the directing of the show, and how the screenplay gave more background information than the book did. Also, let's not forget that the acting was also surprisingly good, something that I didn't expect from new actors.

8. Gilmore Girls


Kinda old, but this doesn't mean that this show is not for you. That was the mistake I made. I thought that because the show was from the early 00s, it would be bad. Or at least the quality would be bad. But I was wrong!! The show was extremely funny, and easy to watch! It is the kind of show you watch when you just want to relax, and not pay too much attention on the story. It's just that there's not too much drama, and everything runs smoothly that you don't have to worry that something bad will happen even if you fall asleep!

That was it! There are so many other amazing TV series that I haven't discovered yet! If you have any to recommend me, let it down in the comments!

Thank you so much for reading my post!

Let me know what you think about it in the comments down below or send me a message on social media (links on the top of the page)! 

Don't forget to "SUBSCRIBE" and SHARE if you liked what you read!


Credits: The photos belong to their owners not me! I repeat the photos used in this blogpost except from the header are not mine, and I do NOT take any credit for them!! 

Comments

  1. Some great recommendations here. It's nice to read some different ones than the ones I've seen as of recently. Vampire Diaries I absolutely loved but wasn't able to finish all of the seasons. Do you think it's worth me picking back up again? I think I stopped watching after Season 5. Stranger Things is something that's been sat in my watch list for what feels like a long time now. I feel as though I'm just too late to the party haha!
    www.piedbypiper.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my post! I stopped watching TVD after the 5th season as well. I started it a couple months later, and I think you wont miss anything if you dont finish it. But I think you should give Stranger Things a chance. It's a good show. And don't worry I watched it like a month ago😅

      Delete
  2. Great list! I would add All American and Outer Banks. I wish we could get paid for binge watching 😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true I'd have made a fortune by watching netflix!

      Delete
  3. I live supergirl but its unfortunately not available on uk Netflix:( great list though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supergirl is one of my faves as well!! It's so sad that's not available in the UK, I hope it'll become in the future!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts