A Weekend in New York

How can you not love New York? The city that never sleeps, the city where you're never alone, and so many other names. New York is the idol of every other city in the world, and I think it's quite obvious why. All the little streets to the huge highways, New York knows how to cast a spell to everyone who visits it. Even if it's only for a couple days you fall in love with the views, the buildings, the culture, and all the vibes that come in the package. 


New York worths all our attention. No matter where you live, you need to visit New York sometime in your life. I don't know any other destination more worthy than New York. Let's say that you have only 2 days in NY, what can you possibly do with only 48 hours? Honestly, without my help probably nothing. But since you came here to read my blog, I will tell you what you absolutely need to see, and how to not waste any time in the best city in the US.

Get on board, in this New York dedicated post! I'm about to share with you all you need to know to spend an amazing weekend in NY! Follow my advice and you won't regret it.


A Weekend in New York: What You Need to See

1. Empire State Building

Empire State Building is THE experience. The view offered is breathtaking, and being on the top of the world is an unforgettable feeling. When you visit the Empire State Building you don't just walk a staircase, you go through a time travel till you reach the top. Because of this, you don't have to wait in any line, and you definitely don't get bored at any moment. There are expositions about the construction, pictures of many celebrities on the top, and even a fake King Kong hanging out of the building. I want you to know that Empire State is worthy of your time, and if I were you I wouldn't ignore it. 



On the top of the Empire State Building you get the best view of New York, however, if you want to see the best view of the Empire State Building you need to go on the top of Rockefeller. Remember that in case you don't have time for both, but try to visit at least one. Even if it's not Empire, let it be Rockefeller center. 

2. Central Park


In Central Park you feel like you move to a completely different place. You're no more in the urban part of the city, but in a more welcoming and friendly side of it. There are so many types of trees and flowers, meeting beautiful trails that lead you in every part of the park. What you absolutely need to see in Central Park is the Bethesda Terrace and fountain, they are so classy, colourful, and unique. It's definitely something you don't see everyday. 

If you have only two days you won't have enough time to see more of the central park like the zoo. However, you'll get a good idea about the mark by walking or sitting in it for a couple hours. 

3. Brooklyn

Brooklyn is vintage. It's aesthetic, and it gives you more cozy neighbourhood vibes. Away from the tall skyscrapers, Brooklyn is a completely different idea. Let's say that you have already visited Empire State and Central park in the morning, then the afternoon should be all about Brooklyn. Try and find something to eat, there are so many pizza places that have amazing European style pizza. I absolutely recommend it! And it's not very expensive, a slice costs as much as a metro ticket around 2 dollars.
 

Leaving Manhattan, without actually leaving Manhattan. When the sun goes down, and the lights in NY turn on, you need to be at the Transmitter park in Brooklyn. There you'll get the best view of Manhattan, and Hudson with the little boats going back and forth under Brooklyn Bridge. What I love about this park are some little sunbeds you can lay on and enjoy the view! I absolutely recommend you trying one of these!

4. Times Square at night

After you leave Brooklyn, go straight to Times Square. The best time to see it is at night. You could visit it the next morning as well, but Times Square at night is so much better. The lights, the colours, everything is so bright! You will even be able to see and the New Year's ball at the top of Times Square. There are so many people there, but you don't feel like it's overcrowded. 

Instagram: @get.your.sunshine

Personally, I'm not a big fan of advertisements but there's something about Times Square that make me dislike them a little bit less. You'll probably realise it the moment you'll see it, but so much marketing in one place seems bad only if it's outside Times Square.

5. 5th Ave and The Vessel


These two may not be that close, but they are some parts of the city you don't wanna miss. 5th Ave is just one of the things that you don't wanna miss from NY to fulfil that movie dream. It won't take you more than an hour to walk it, and feel like you're part of a movie. What I love about 5th Avenue are the trendy store windows, and the people that walk on the pavements ignoring the fact that they are in NY. 

 
Now about Vessel, I just like it as an idea. It doesn't have any purpose at all, but it's a great thing to watch. It doesn't worth that much to walk on the stairs, but if you want to try it go for it! I just liked to take some photos of myself with it, and look at the reflection of myself on the shiny gold surface. You will be amazed by how much taller it is in real life than in photos!

6. Brooklyn Bridge



If you're looking for a great way to close your trip, Brooklyn Bridge is the right way! Take some pictures, walk around, and take more pictures after that. You can see some really beautiful sunsets, or views of Manhattan and Brooklyn. You go to Brooklyn Bridge mostly because it is satisfying walking there. You feel like your experience in NY is completed after you've been there. Like a part of the city can stay with you for a while. There are two other major bridges in NY, Manhattan and Queensboro, with so many others, but Brooklyn Bridge is the one!



Honestly, my first time in New York was disappointing in some aspects. I was with people who didn't appreciate at all culture and art, so I wasn't able to visit neither MoMA nor the MET that I wanted so much. They both worth your time, but they probably need to be on your schedule if you'll be there for more than a weekend. Learn from my mistakes, so never, ever, ever, go to New York or anywhere else with people with whom you don't share any common interests!! They ruined my trip in many ways that I wish my first time there didn't come with the bad memories I had with them! 


I love New York and I can tell you that there is no other place like it! 

I wish you to have a lot of fan in New York no matter when you'll go!! 


So that's it! That's what you can't miss from your trip in New York!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, I would love to help you out!! 


I hope you found my post helpful! Share your thoughts with me on instagram --> @dramatic.feelings

Thank you so much for reading my post!
Let me know what you think about it in the comments down below!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE and Share this blog post!

Connect with me on TwitterInstagram and Pinterest

You'll hear from me again soon!

Credits: The photos belong to their owners and not me! I repeat the photos are not mine and I do not take any credit for them except from the photo of Times Square and the last one with the street, these are mine and I take credit for these two!

Comments

  1. Ahhh, New York is such an incredible place. These recommendations are on point too! I really need to visit the top of the Empire State too as it isn't something I have ever managed to do! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I've always wanted to visit NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love New York and this has really whetted my appetite for going back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Very nice post πŸ’œ now I know why Modern Talkings praising BrooklynπŸ˜„ in one of their song. πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so want to visit NYC! I hope I can go there asap! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New York is an amazing place! I've always wanted to visit but in between the academic years, it's very difficult to take time out for traveling. Hope to visit asap. Thank you for sharing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, I hope to go to New York one day :)

    Nic | Nic's Adventures & Bakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been. Our good friend moved to Brooklyn though so hoping to go soon. Your pictures are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been, but it looks like quite the adventure! You highlighted a lot of great spots to visit, and the photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New York has always been on my list of places I would love to visit. I would love to head there int he lead up to Christmas, I bet it is just that more magical. Thanks for the tips on where to visit...I would love to do some forom of a Gossip Girl tour or a Breakfast at Tiffany's tour (if they do them).

    Thanks for sharing!

    Aimsy xoxo
    Aimsy’s Antics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I have been in New York twice and I really want to go there another time. I love the city and the atmosphere!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts